Thursday, August 13, 2009

Portland Trip Redux!

I got back last Sunday from a trip to Portland, Oregon. I went to middle school and high school there and I was there for 8 days. I did a lot as you can see.


I went to my 10 year high school reunion. It was great to see everyone. We took this picture at the end of the night. These are some of my friends from high school.
This is Jessica Christopherson and me. She and I did a lot of drama activities and shows together in high school. She seemed to be doing really well. I went to the Hillsdale Farmers Market. It moved to the parking lot next to my high school. It was interesting to drive by and see nothing had changed physically.

I tried to get a picture of this really interesting yellow moon. It did not work out so well.
I went to Sock Summit. I scored two classes by just showing up at registration on Thursday. The people working there were really nice and helpful.

This booth definitely had the best display of yarn I thought, they wrapped the poles with it.

Waiting to get into the marketplace was fun, there was a line on Thursday and when the doors opened people cheered like for a rock concert starting.
One of those classes that I scored was a One Hour Wonder with Cookie A. I learned some good things and managed to make an idiotic mistake with her but she still took a picture with me. I bought her book and got it signed and can't wait to try some of the patterns.
I participated in the hopefully new World Record for Most Knitters Knitting.
I saw and felt a lot of fiber that made me want to spin, but I don't have time to do so. This stuff in this booth was so soft.

As you can see, I purchased a fair bit of yarn in Portland, some at Twisted, but most at Sock Summit. It is all from small producers, I did not understand people buying stuff you can get anywhere or online from many stores when there was so much good small producer stuff. I do want to check out Mini Mochi yarn however.
I will tell you more about each one next post.

I spent a fair bit of time with these people: My Mom, sister and niece and brother. Fun times.
Happy Knitting!

No comments: