Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sock Summit Stashed Skeins

Hello and welcome to the land of huge purchases. They aren't huge individually, but it adds up quickly.

I did my best to support the economy.

1. This is from Knitted Wit. So is the next entry. They are the same base yarn. This is their Superwash merino. It is 410 yards, knit on a 2-3 and is 4 oz. This is the colorway Lion.2. This is the colorway I also bought. I have the ball band around here somewhere.
3. This is from DyeDreams and is their Dream Sox. It is 75% superwash Merino and 25% nylon. It is 464 yards and 3.5 oz. This is their Cranberry colorway. Oh the red. Be still my beating heart. 4. This is from Dicentra Designs. It is 100% superwash BFL wool in the colorway Charlene.
5. This is from a Verb for Keeping Warm. This is colorway Vermillion, it is 100% superwash merino and is 100g with 385 yards. 6. This is from Kitchen Sink Dyeworks, their Luxe Merino Fine. It is 80& washable merino wool, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon. This is the Scout colorway, she is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. I suppose they could have meant a Boy Scout or Girl Scout or someone who scouts in the military or tracking sense. I prefer my interpretation. 7. This is from Purl Up & Dye. This is 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon.
8. This is from Abstract Fiber-their Supersock. It is hand-dyed in Portland, Oregon and I had to support the home-town dyers. I went to high school there and middle school. This is the Burnside Bridge colorway. 9. This is from hazel knits. This is their Artisan Sock, it's 90% superwash merino and 10% nylon. It's really soft and squishy. This is 500-Rogue and it is one of a kind according to the label.10. This is from Abundant Yarn and Dyeworks. It is their Naturally Dyed Sock Yarn. It is 100% superwash merino wool. It is called Danny Smanni's Garden and is #36.11. This is from Yarn Love. It is 100% Tussah Silk and is their Cleopatra yarn. It is 665 yards and 5.2 oz. It is the colorway Sparkling Pool and it is the most incredible mix of blues and barely tinted almost white-blue.
12. This is from Yarn Love. It is the Joan of Arc yarn, which is 50% merino and 50%. It is the colorway Maiden. It is deeper than what you see here.13. This is from Abstract Fibers. It is their Mighty Sock. It is 50% superwash merino and 50% tencel. It is their Andromeda colorway. I never thought Andromeda would be so light and full of spring. I had a rat named Andromeda as a child.

14.
15. This is from Black Trillium fibre studios. They are on etsy. This is BFL sock, 100% superwash BFL wool. It is 100 grams and 509 yards. This is the Coraline colorway.
16. This is from Chestnut Bay Fibers. It is a Superwash Merino Wool, 400 yards. I think it is called Galloping Colors.
Happy Knitting!!!! I have wedding knitting to show you, but I figure this is more than enough for one post.

No comments: