Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Will I Make It?

This past week I didn't get so much knitting done. I am at this point on both socks however. I turned the second heel last night and am knitting my way up the leg slowly. Both socks look pretty much like this, but one has the current repeat pictured and one additional repeat completed. Can I get them done by Sunday around 11 AM when the Tour de France rolls into Paris and onto the Champs d'Elysees? I just don't know. It would probably involve marathon knitting on Saturday because I am missed knitting night tonight. I did knit on the socks while I would have been there, but am not sure I was as productive as I would have been. M is in a team race tomorrow night so that will be cut down on time and Friday night we may go see Inception or something. Can I do it? I probably can, but do I want to?

I did check out Windsor Button's Tuesday lunch knitting group. It's small, but nearby and a good fix if I need to knit. I also picked up some beautiful soft blue Blue Ski Alpaca 100% Organic Dyed Cotton for a baby blanket for a Hawaii baby. I figured wool was just not an option otherwise I would have gone for Cascade 220. I picked up six skeins and it is 150 yards each and it should do it based on other baby blankets I have knit.

Finally, what would the world be if our Big Papi wasn't being cute? Here he is in a box peaking out at me on the couch. We have so many boxes in the living room because we were separating old kitchen stuff to give to our respective siblings.

I have not run since Saturday. I know, I wish I were but ever since I went from running 11-12 minute/mile pace normally to 4 miles on Saturday at 9:30 minute/mile pace my right hip on the front at the crest of illium has been hurting. It's now down to discomfort, but until it is feeling better, I am resting it. I will be taking it slower for my runs from now on. That was way too fast for me.

Happy Knitting and Running!

No comments: