Thursday, July 1, 2010

FO! FO! FO!

This is why I haven't been posting that much.



















I ran my first 5k last weekend.  The arm you can see to the right in red is my husband, M.  I started running 6 weeks before that and signed up for the 5k as a way to motivate myself.  M has been running for many years and has been encouraging me.  I finished in around 36 minutes, which was my goal, besides running the entire thing.  With work and running and life there isn't a whole lot of time.  I have been knitting, but not that much.  

I did finish the socks for my grandfather.  Here is the finished project.  I hope they fit him.  I'm a little worried about that.













I also lost a weekend to Michael's marathon softball game.  Here he is batting during the game.  He did well, even though his team lost.









Here is the finished scoreboard we spent all weekend before the game working on.













I have since started a new pair of socks that I started during the first real stage of the Tour de France this morning.  The prologue just seemed like a strange way to start it to me.  I hope to finish these socks before the final stage in Paris.  I'll fill you in on the details of those next post.

For now, Happy 4th of July and Happy Knitting!

No comments: