Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pictures that I promised (well, most of them).

I have pictures! I am using my computer, instead of the family's computer, but I figured out what was plaguing me with their computer, and so will be able to post pics from that computer as well from now on! yay!

Here is the almost completed Tempting I left in Boston. Boooo to me.

Here is my sister's scarf. It is now ripped all the way down and lying on her bed here waiting for her when she gets here and it is 80 degrees. Heh. I expect she will get more use in the winter. It turned out very well, but I cannot for the life of me find where I got this pattern, so here goes. Cast on an even number of stitches, say 16. In the next row, knit one, make one(increase), until the end of the row until you reach the last stitch, which you just knit. Purl the next row. You would have 31 stitches on the needles then. Knit a row, purl a row (stockinette stitch) until you reach the desired length. On the next RS row, knit the odd stitches, and drop! the even ones all the way down. I cast off at this point, but you might want to wait until you do the next step. Rip all the dropped stitches all the way down to the cast on edge. It is what creates the loose stockinette stitch look. Then cast off the stitches still on the needle. Voila! A Magic scarf! I know there is another pattern with that name, but this is truly magic to me! It works! The picture below is the scarf half ripped.
This is the halfway point to show the difference. I would definately make this again in a less splitty yarn but definately a variegated one again.

This is the view I have studying and knitting. Not bad. The water is way closer than it looks. There are horses in the meadow now. This is one of my favorite bushes we have around the house. They are gigantic and so pretty, but the bees love them, and I don't love bees.


I didn't take a picture of my Thermal swatch because I am going to have to order a larger size of needles and then swatch with that and show you that picture. See you then! Or when I have a complete heart row of the baby blanket to show you.

No comments: