Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tempting Progress

I have made a lot of progress on Tempting since I last posted pictures of it. I finished both sleeves and started the yoke! Now, this is a good thing, but to me, the word yoke has various bad connotations. The first being the yoke you put on an animal to get it to pull something, i.e. a pair of oxen pulling a cart. I don't want to pull any carts in my Tempting, I want to look pretty and alluring. So, I think I will call it the top part of the sweater from now on.

Yoke also reminds me of choke. I hope I don't choke on this part of the sweater. I am almost done with the first ball out of the two I have for the top part of this sweater, I hope it's enough. I should just barely eke out the inches I need. That's about 3-3.5 more.


Here are pictures to show you what I am yammering on about.



Now that I think about the name of this post, my progress is very tempting, it's tempting me to get this done!

I don't know how to do a three needle bindoff for closing up the armholes however, so this new knitter will be learning a new skill. It will probably involve the wonderful videos at KnittingHelp.com and some cursing on my part. Fun times.

I am participating in the swap over on KnittingHelp.com right now and I get to go pick up the yarn for my swappee's first package at my dad's house on Sunday. Yay! M and I are going to West Hartford, CT to see his sister's high school graduation. Should be a good time and will be the one time off Chappy until the bar! Speaking of bars, M should really be focusing on the Mass bar exam now, because he got a job offer for Boston. Happy times. I was going to handle the NYC-Nashua, NH long distance thing, but now I probably won't have to! Yay!

Btw, I love ravelry. Someone found me on there because they were searching for Cape/Island knitters and commented here! That's so awesome.

1 comment:

Michele said...

that looks great!