Thursday, July 12, 2007

Luna Moths!

That insect I posted last week turned out to be a luna moth! Apparently they are very rare to see in nature because they only live for a week and then die! We saw two! Chappaquiddick is very undeveloped, that is probably part of it. Just today we saw a deer eating our flowers about twenty feet from our back windows. It looked at me for a while, when I didn't move it went back to eating. I looked for my camera but it was upstairs! It was about 5 feet from the back of the stone patio outside. Pretty cool.

Here is that picture of the moth again and I am bringing my camera back downstairs. The deer was very graceful as it bounded away.



Here is a link for more information about luna moths.

http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4th/kkhp/1insects/luna.html

No comments: