Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Memorial services and family=little knitting time...

Well, I went to my Grandpa's memorial service in Pittsburgh over the weekend and I have been home on "bereavement leave" ever since I got back yesterday. Tomorrow it's back to work. I really can't stress enough how supportive everyone at my work has been. They covered my cases and were emotionally supportive when I showed up at work the day after he died.

I haven't been knitting much, but I did do a fair amount of work on my chuppah. I am halfway through the bottom border and that's pretty good. That's 25 or so rows of 318 stitches a piece.


That's what half of the flower pattern looks like.

I also just started a Hemlock Ring with some Cascade Eco Wool I special ordered from a LYS. Its only the first 13 rows but doing things I had planned makes me feel like good.

It went from in the ball (2 skeins) to on the ball winder and then onto my needles! Some other people from my knitting group are working on this as well.
I also got my New Year's Swap Package (knittinghelp.com forums swap run my NoBones aka Ellie, my first swap partner) from Jeremy, one of the mods on the site. It cheered me up and contained a yarn I really want to try. Malabrigo Lace. It's soooo soft. It also contained a pair of Addi Lace needles. I heart them and I am slowly building up a complete set of Addi Lace and Turbos (all metal). They are just so nice. I like them better than the interchangeable set of Options. Fixed needles are just better , IMHO, because of the truth that they won't come undone unless they actually break completely.
I VOTED TODAY TOO! YAY DEMOCRACY!

Happy Knitting. Tell people you love that you do. You never know when it could be your last time.

1 comment:

Joan said...

wow, I am exhausted from all your projects. ;-} I am so very sorry about your grandpa. I miss mine terribly still and it's been many decades. ;-{

PS..I am the new admin on New England Knits webring and cleaning house so all the blogs can finally be circled. Give it a try!