Monday, July 23, 2012

Heirlooms for Babies

Lately it has seemed like almost everyone a year ahead of us from law school who is married is having kids. 

I have been knitting a lot of baby stuff due to that situation.

The latest?  A baby blanket that came out wonderfully but was down to the wire, as usual with baby knits.

Presenting Heirloom:

Unblocked. with right side and wrong side showing.


Unblocked with right side showing:
 Blocked with right side showing.
I didn't get any better pictures because of the aforementioned down to the wire status.  It dried overnight before the shower the next day.

It was all worth it because it was very well received, people were very complimentary and recognized the work a hand knit gift requires.  Mom to be likes it and was glad to find out that it can be machine washed, but not dried.  The shower was a good one and very well planned.  I was impressed with the hostess and the coordination and planning of everything that went into it.

I would definitely use the Madeline Tosh Sport yarn I used for this again for another project.  It has great stitch definition and comes in a variety of great colors.  It isn't cheap but has a fair bit of yardage per skein.  I'm glad I have a bit of a break right now from baby items however.  Next thing I show you will probably be crochet!!  I've been taking classes at Gather Here in Cambridge to pick up some basic crochet and sewing skills.  They have all taught me something new. 

Happy knitting and crocheting!

No comments: