Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sew Cool....

I say sew cool because all I have left to do with this one half of the present wristwarmers/fingerless gloves is to to sew it up!! I generally followed Vickie Howell's Glove Bites pattern located here http://vickiehowell.com/2006/11/glove-bites-november-free-pattern-of.html

However, I made them much longer, and without the furry cuff because I didn't think JoJo would like that. I know she loves alpaca from her trips to South America, and the fact that she and my brother brought us all back hats and (they brought me longggg mittens too!). They raved about alpaca, so I hope this alpaca from knitpicks meets their standards. This is the unsewn first wristwarmer.



This is what it looks like on my hand! It's a 2X2 rib so it is very stretchy and she is much smaller than I am, so I think it should stretch out nicely on her and show the ribbing off nicely. I do think I will block these on her when I get to Portland in about a week!



Picture 2!!!



I am heading to Athan's tonight for the Brookline SnB. I've never been before, but am excited to meet some new knitters!

No comments: