Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'm off for the (long) weekend!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that no more infrastructure breaks down. The Tobin Bridge in Massachusetts is now raining down debris on boats going under it. It doesn't compare to the tragedy up in Minnesota, but as Annie Modesitt said on her blog, what if we took all the money we have spent in Iraq and improved the infrastructure in this country? I might have expanded the message somewhat, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and add education, mortgage assistance, student loans, and job training for the homeless to that list. Just imagine all the good we could be doing.

I'm off to see my little sister in one day of her horse show and then to the family beach house for the long weekend. I'll be making a stop in West Hartford, CT on the way back from Martha's Vineyard to our apartment in Burlington. I know, it's only a short detour right? It will be with M though, and therefore will be great. I can't wait to see him on friday night. This will be one very happy knitter.

Lots of Knitting well wishes to all of you this weekend!

No comments: