Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend

I had a great one, how about you? M and I spent the weekend on Chappaquiddick.


I went to an Farmers Market and an Artisans Festival with my sister, her friend and my stepmother.

Here my sister is with some fun yarn providing animals.

I bought a skein of sock yarn at the farmers market.
After the Farmers Market we went to the Artisans Festival.

I saw beautiful pottery.

I saw wooden toys.


I saw beautiful jewelry.

I saw more pottery.

I saw amazing garden planters.
I saw the brochure.
I saw more garden planters.
This one was really amazing and tall!

There were amazing wooden cutting boards-no prices listed, which means, if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

More beautiful pottery!
Then I saw old fashioned brooms, and they were beautiful.

They were beautifully handcrafted and beautifully displayed.


Then I got caught up looking at these unique necklaces.

I listened to some live music.

I then bought some more yarn-homegrown sheep, handdyed, and handspun and very, very reasonably priced.


Then in Oak Bluffs, I visited my favorite store there and saw the garden sculptures.

The next day the weather was better, so we went on a boat ride!
We saw the beach but didn't get out of the boat.

I did some sock knitting.
Here is all the yarn I purchased. The left three are from sheep raised by the woman who also dyes the yarn and spins the yarn. She was spinning at the Artisans Festival as well. I got 7.5 ounces of handspun (the turquoise yarn on the left for $32! The next is 3.5 ounces and was $15. The purple was 2.5 ounces for only $13. It's pretty and incredibly well priced. The yarn on the right is my Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm sock yarn. They also have worsted weight yarns, but I only got the sock yarn. It's color Red Socks Nation and is a really vibrant red. It's washed out in this picture. It was $17 for 400 yards and is soft but feels resilient.



HAPPY KNITTING!

No comments: