Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lotsa Knitting Content!!!

I know that I have been remiss in the knitting content because I simply did not have time to take pictures and I had not been doing a lot of knitting. I have changed all that and done a good bit on my brother's scarf and started a tank top for myself. I somehow did not take a picture of the calorimetry I did but it turned out perfectly and I can't wait to make one for myself.

These are pictures of my sister and her husband in the scarves I made them as my first projects. Garter stitch, all the way. His is over 9 feet long! They were done with Lambs Pride Worsted using three skeins and hers is using just over 2 skeins. Hers has longer fringe than his as well. I took this picture in their house in Denver over spring break and I had a lot of fun with them and their cats who I teased and played with using my yarn from the calorimetry.



My sister posing with her scarf. She looks all cute.



The blue scarf (hers) on the grey scarf (on the grey table).



A close up of my surprisingly even knit stitch work from my second ever project!

Yay!



This is a stinky guage swatch that I am now not sure what to do with. My guage is off for fuzzy feet from knitty ( http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html) and trying to adjust the pattern from 12 stitches per inch to 16 per inch made my head hurt and put me straight into grumpyville.



This is the scarf for my brother. I think it's really cool and he really liked the pattern, all my family sufficiently admired it during my third spring break stop in the mountains outside of Salt Lake City, Utah at Snowbird. It's this pattern (http://magknits.com/Mar07/patterns/askew.htm) made in Knitpicks Andean Silk in Barn Red. I noticed they just changed the layout of their website and I like the listing of yarn on the left by fiber. This is the second ball of yarn. I got through about 10 repeats of the 12 row pattern with one ball.



This is a close up of the result of the pattern, the lines it makes that are on the diaganol. sp?


This is the beginning of my tanktop! Yay! Here is the pattern link: http://magknits.com/July06/ballet.htm





In other news, I purchased a Wii on Ebay today. It's coming in three days with the new Zelda game. I cannot wait!!!!

No comments: