Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tank Top Knitting Galore

I have been knitting a little bit on my tanktop. The pattern is here (http://magknits.com/July06/ballet.htm) and I am done with the deacreasing section and about to start on the increasing sections. I am so excited to start on the increasing sections. It is half the length it is supposed to be before I start the binding off for the armholes. Yay! I had some serious issues with row gauge however. My stitch gauge was right on but my row guage was very off. I had to do a lot of math to figure out how to work the decreases. I took the author's row guage for 4 inches and divided 4 by the number of rows (29) then multiplied it by the number of rows for this section (50) and determined that this section had to be 6.9 inches total. My number of rows for that length for the decrease section had to be 62 rows (12 more than the pattern calls for). How did that happen? I figured it out with some good help from some very nice people on the knittinghelp.com general forum. They are my go to resource for things that challenge a newbie knitter like me. Thanks!

This is the front of the tank top. As you can see, the stitches are pretty teeny. Maybe not sock knitting teeny, but teeny nonetheless. I ordered more yarn because I am using more yarn for more rows for this thing, so hopefully I need it!


This is the back..




HAPPY KNITTING!

1 comment:

VR said...

That's a pretty tank top pattern you've chosen and I like the KP Shine color too. What size needle did you get guage on? Happy Knitting!