Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Knitting Content and a fun day trip!

I did a lot of knitting in the last few days to recover from frog pond. I frogged the entire sweater progress because I could not live with the off ribbing for that tiny little bit. I have now recovered the one ball of knitting I lost and am now on my third ball and have a little over 6 inches done! Yay! Here is that progress so far. I love how this is looking.



I also got the yarn in for my stepbrother's kid's baby blanket in. They are not due until 5 months from now, so I should have plenty of time to finish a baby blanket. I also ordered some of the same yarn for some charity knitting on the odd-ball blanket. You can find information on it here. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30799
The green is for the oddball blanket and the yellow is for the baby blanket. I am going gender neutral because they are not planning on finding out the sex and the yelllow is just so sunny. It's KP's Swish Superwash.



Then there is this: It was acquired today and is likely meant for a wide felted tote bag in that order of colors. It was 40% off! The BF and I decided to enjoy this beautiful 80 degree weather we are having for two days in Massachusetts and took a day trip to Salem, MA, which is about 45 minutes away from Boston. In between wax museums focusing on the witch trials and strolling along pretty streets to visit the House of Seven Gables (Hawthorne) we discovered a yarn store. Almost all the store was 40% off, including this gorgeous hand dyed Cascade Pastaza. It was the one thing that I wanted and I got it. I have been pretty bad lately with this whole not stash increasing thing, but this will be the reward for my charity knitting. I love the colors, they are much richer than the picture shows.


Salem was so much fun. We also found a used bookstore liquidating their stock and so I got the Friday Night Knitting Club. I am excited to read it. We had lunch overlooking the water as well, and it was so nice out. I loved actually being able to spend time with him that wasn't regimented because of school.

No comments: