Friday, May 11, 2007

Knitting Progress

I have been doing some charity knitting. I am participating in the Oddball Blanket Knit-A-Long from Knittinghelp.com's forums. I am the first knitter to get it after the starting knitter and I decided to do garter stitch because if people want to do more fancy stitches that will curl later the blanket will have more of a border.

It's coming along well, but the first ball of yarn I got was definately not enough. I am so glad I got two. I am sure I will use the second one completely up. It will be a little more than 3 inches, but I think that is ok. The KP Swish Superwash is soft and knits up nicely. The Dublin green color is very pretty. I wish it was more than 110 yards, but the price is still right for 110 yards.

Here is what I got out of one ball, 300 stitches in garter stitch.

.

No comments: